Which is better, urban splendour or bucolic majesty? Our guest this week, Mikey Lear, provides a passionate defence of country living in the face of sniping from our very own metropolitan elite.
This podcast looks at the data relating to a range of outcomes for urban versus rural populations, considers why people move to the city and tries to methodically measure the relative benefits. It also examines the different characteristics of those living in both environments.
A few things we mentioned in this podcast:
- Tony Champion on commuting patterns
- Rural v urban health
- Rural v urban economy
- Are cities good or bad for the environment?
- Are cities back?
- Urban and rural population in the UK
- Urban and rural personality evidence
- British attitudes to cities
Find more Cognitive Engineering episodes here
Image: Zerpixelt via Pixabay