What does it mean when we lose something and why are some of us better at finding things than others?
We define the concept of losing something and discuss different heuristics, strategies and technologies that have developed to help us find things. We also mention the psychological impact of losing something, how much time we spend looking for stuff and consider why some people may be better predisposed to locate misplaced objects.
A few things we mentioned in this podcast:
- Human visual search behaviour is far from ideal
- Passport application data
- Express article on losing things
- Losing objects can induce grief
- Genetic factor contributes to forgetfulness
Find more Cognitive Engineering episodes here
Image: Andy F via Wikimedia Commons