Following Gavin Williamson’s sacking from Theresa May’s cabinet, we discuss the indicators of whether or not someone is telling the truth.
Image: Gavin Williamson. By UK Parliament via Wikipedia
Things mentioned in this podcast
- Rogers et al (2017), Artful Paltering
- Serota et al (2010), The Prevalence of Lying in America
- Hall et al (2010), Strategic Misrepresentation in Online Dating
- DePaulo (2004), The Many Faces of Lies
- Jerrim et al (2019), Bullshitters: Who Are They and What Do We Know about Their Lives?
- Wiseman et al (2012), The Eyes Don’t Have It
- Mann et al (2012), Windows to the Soul?
- Aamodt and Custer (2006), Who Can Best Catch a Liar?
- American Psychological Association, The Truth about Lie Detectors
- Ten Brinke et al, Telling Lies in Scarce Environments
For more Cognitive Engineering episodes find us on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts, or add this RSS feed to your preferred player: feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:219479129/sounds.rss